October is here, which means it’s time for pumpkin spice, and more importantly, Halloween candy! But
why go out and buy candy that is so easy to make at home? Today I am sharing with you easy and family
friendly Halloween candy recipes with no oven or stove required.
Before we begin, many recipes call for melting chocolate, so we must know how to melt it easily and
Instructions: Place your chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals,
stirring between each one. This ensures that the chocolate does not burn. Be careful, because often there will be chunks of chocolate when the bowl is taken out of the microwave, but they will melt when stirred with the hot chocolate. Alternatively, you can melt the chocolate over the stove in a double boiler. Use your preferred chocolate for all recipes.
Crunch Bars! Ingredients: 2c chocolate chips, 2/3c Rice Krispies or other puffed rice cereal.
1) Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2) Melt chocolate.
3) Stir in cereal, careful not to crush the cereal.
4) Spread in a rectangular layer about ⅛-¼ in. thick. 5) Run a toothpick or butter knife across the warm chocolate to create bite-sized bars. When the chocolate cools, it will be easy to snap it apart following
these lines (optional).
6) Leave to set in the fridge.
7) Break the bar apart and enjoy! Store refrigerated or frozen.
Candy Buttons! This recipe contains raw eggs Makes: 4 sheets. Ingredients: 4 tbsp powdered sugar, 1 ¼ tsp lemon or other fruit juice, 1 egg white, food coloring (optional).
1) Cut 4 strips of wax or parchment paper about 3 in. thick.
2) Whisk your egg white until frothy, it should not be opaque.
3) Add your powdered sugar and juice to a small bowl and mix until well combined.
4) Add 1 tsp of your egg white and mix until combined. Add food coloring now if desired.
5) Using a syringe or chopstick, drop the mixture onto the paper sheets, making about 5 drops per row. 6) Allow to dry for 24-48 hours. When dry, eat right off the paper, just like old times.