THE DIXEY COLLECTION: When the circus came to town

Boys check out the elephants at Riverhead Beach as the Hunt Brother’s Three Ring Circus set up for a show on August 7, 1959.

The slide taken by Harry Wilkinson. Wilkinson wrote the “Memory Lane” column in the Marblehead Messenger.

The Marblehead Current is proud to partner with photographer and historian Dan Dixey, who regularly shares photos of Marblehead from his extensive collection, along with information about each shot.

+ posts

Editor Leigh Blander is an experienced TV, radio and print journalist who has written hundreds of stories for local newspapers, including the Marblehead Reporter.

1 Comment

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: