Three finalists have been chosen, and now you can help decide the logo for the 2023 Marblehead Festival of Arts.
Voting is open through Dec. 27 at the following Marblehead “polling places”:
- Abbot Public Library, currently operating out of the former Eveleth School, 3 Brook Road;
- Arnould Gallery & Framery, 111 Washington St.;
- Blue Canoe Cafe, 14 School St.;
- F.L. Woods Nautical Merchants, 76 Washington St.;
- Maria’s Java Sun Coffee, 35 Atlantic Ave;
- Jewish Community Center of the North Shore, 4 Community Road;
- Marblehead Arts Association, 8 Hooper St.;
- Marblehead Bank, 21 Atlantic Ave. and 1 Humphrey St.;
- Judy and Gene Jacobi Community Center, 10 Humphrey St.;
- Lynch-van Otterloo YMCA, 40 Leggs Hill Road;
- National Grand Bank, 91 Pleasant St;
- Plus cafe, 34 Atlantic Ave.; and
- The Landing Restaurant, 81 Front St.
There is also voting at the public libraries in Salem and Swampscott.
The winning artist and the finalists will be introduced and honored during a Logo Premiere Party at a Marblehead restaurant in January, to which the public will be invited.
The winning logo will then grace the publicity and logo products sold during the 57th Festival of Arts July 1-4, 2023.
The judges for the year’s contest were Mary Melilli, graphic artist and professor of media and communication at Salem State University; F.L. Woods owner Wayne George, and Kristen Nyberg, owner of Nyberg Design, who also won the 2019 Festival logo contest.