Part two: I’m back with more easy Halloween candy recipes! In my last article, I gave you the recipes for
Candy Dots and Crunch Bars. I also explained how to melt chocolate safely in the microwave, so if you missed that, here is a brief explanation:
Melt your chocolate in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second intervals, stirring after each one. Do this until the chocolate is fully melted, and be careful not to burn it.
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups! — Makes 12
Ingredients: 4 tbsp butter, 1c peanut butter, 3/4c powdered sugar, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 3/4c chocolate chips.
1) Place cupcake liners in a cupcake pan.
2) Melt half the chocolate. Scoop about 1-2 tsp of the chocolate into the bottom of the cupcake liners. Smooth it out on the bottom and spread some up the sides. Leave in the freezer while you make the filling.
3) Microwave peanut butter and butter together in 30-second intervals until the butter is soft or melted (mine took 1 minute). Stir together until smooth.
4) Add powdered sugar and vanilla extract and stir until smooth.
5) Take your chocolate out of the freezer. Pipe or scoop a rounded tablespoon of the peanut butter filling into each muffin liner and smooth with the back of a spoon.
6) Melt the rest of your chocolate and scoop 1-2 tsp on top of the filling; smooth it out so the filling is fully covered. Refrigerate or freeze to set the chocolate.
7) When the chocolate is set, trim the excess cupcake liner off each cup (optional).
8) Store in the fridge or freezer.
Charleston Chews! — Makes 4 bars
Ingredients: 2c marshmallows, ½ c chocolate chips, cooking spray.
1) Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
2) Melt chocolate. Set aside.
3) Microwave marshmallows for 30 seconds, but keep an eye on them. They will puff up in the bowl but
should not overflow. Let them cool slightly.
4) Spray your hands with cooking spray to avoid sticking, and shape the melted marshmallows into 4 bars about 6×1 in. Leave in the freezer for a few minutes to cool.
5) Take the marshmallows out of the freezer and spread chocolate on the marshmallows, evenly covering the top and sides.
6) Freeze for 20 minutes or more, and store in the freezer for best results.